Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sewing Time

Tuesday was a busy day! Work (I work from home), laundry, vaccuming, and dinner prep. Best of all...I was able to sneak in some sewing time!

While I was working (on my many other tasks) I was formulating/organizing my thoughts about new apron styles and fabric pairings. I have a stack of aprons already cut out that I need to get finished before the Cowgirls of Faith event in July, and I have a stack of vintage fabrics I need to be cutting to get all the aprons finished! So much sewing!


Once I had an idea of what I wanted to do, I sat in the middle of the floor in my sewing room looking at my wall of fabric. I knew I wanted denim for the full child's apron - but I also wanted a good contrast for the pockets. I pulled out the denim pieces then went to work on contrast. I'll have to adjust the contrast for some boy ones, but I thought the turned out cute. My granddaughter wanted to know if it was for painting or cooking and asked if it was "hers..."

The pink work apron was created with left over fabric from my computer bag. The fabric was left on my sewing table and I thought I would use it up. My girlfriend had a plain green work apron and I liked the style, but of course it was too plain...so I had to spice it up a bit. I struggled with putting the ruffle on along with the binding around the edge. I need to give a lot more thought to how it should go together...but I liked the outcome. Not sure if I should put my pruning shears in the pocket and use it for gardening or put my brushes and scissors in the pockets for collage' items. Looks like I'll have to make another one!

0 Cowgurls said: