Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Smitten Revisited

First I want to say a BIG thank you to Kari and Kijsa for telling others about my "Creativity Showing"! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the honor. (You can see their blog here!) I've had such wonderful feed back regarding many of my projects. Thank you all for your kind and generous thoughts, they are very much appreciated.

This past weekend, while I was out and about in McKinney, I visited Karen Dawkins in her new store Smitten. She has some beautiful new things. I could have really over spent my budget very easily!
This is her front window...so much to see before I even entered the store!

I love these pillows and right after I took this picture a woman snatched up the one with the little album on the front. I think all of these will go fast!

Of course, being partial to pillows, I love these embroidered ones also!

And...there were more pillows as I topped the stairs...

and more on the bed upstairs. There is just so much to look at while you're there.

Karen has a wonderful store...and if you are in McKinney be sure and stop by. (I can't believe I caught the lady buying that pillow. She really liked it.)

Best news is Smitten will begin offering craft classes in the shop. They have converted an area upstairs as classroom space.

This cupboard is filled with some of the craft class samples. Seems they were offering 6 or 7 different classes.

I'm sure you can call the store and find out more info regarding time and fees. The phone number for Smitten is 972.529.6994.

I've been sewing again for Emily today (her big move is Friday...so I'm under the gun!) I'll keep you posted. I have four cushions compete...4 more to go. (I finished the bottoms of the couches first - at least we'll have a place to sit!)

Till then,
debi

3 Cowgurls said:

Cindy said...

How fun that I found you via Kari and Kijsa, only to see that you are in my own backyard...so to speak! :D I love Smitten, those gals do a wonderful job from top to bottom. Thanks for the peek, have not been over in a while.

-c
yap cat

Free Art Printables said...

Congrats on your award! I am going to look around a little more! Jen

kari and kijsa said...

Love this!! From two McKinney girls too!! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing gifts!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa