Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pillow Project

I began work on this pillow about a week ago.  I started with the cowgirl picture I downloaded from Just Something I Made.   Cathe Holden has some amazing designs, and they are all free for you to use for whatever your brain can dream up.  She also offers some great ideas, in case you're in a funk and can't think of a thing to do!

I printed my cowgirl onto a sheet of the T-shirt iron on material.  I wanted to use some "vintage fabric" and liked the idea of using a white tea towel.  I have several with a variety of colored trim, but this was just a simple red and white and I knew the cowgirl would stand out best on the white background. This also had the cleanest white background of all the old tea towels.
 I cut the tea towel in half (still have the other half for whatever I can think up!) and trimmed down the picture.

I also had some cute cowgirl material to use for the back and the ruffles.  I have been saving this piece for just the right project...and this would be it!
Stuff in a small feather pillow! TAA! DAA! Finished!
I'll just add it to my little cowgirls bedroom and see if she notices a new cowgirl pillow!

  Because some of you have asked...yes, I am enjoying my blackberry sherbet.
I think tomorrow I'm going to make some blackberry "sauce".  I'll let you know.  Still lots more to pick and I need to get out there before that Devil Mockingbird gets them!

Till tomorrow...
debi

1 Cowgurls said:

Lori said...

Darling project. That is a very cute pillow.