While we were working on Emily's house I saved the dried paint from the paint trays. Yeah, I know, kinda freaky. I just thought it looked too cool to throw away. I wasn't sure how they would end up...but these paint "slabs" have been sitting on my drafting table (drying out) for several months now and I figured it was time to move them into a project.
I first painted a large canvas with the back ground colors, which are similar to the paint colors.
Next, I cut different shapes from the paint "slabs" and glued them onto the canvas.
While waiting for all that to dry, I printed Emily's favorite verse using my all time favorite font, Bleeding Cowboy! If you don't have this font you need to get it.
I thought I still need additional 'decorations' to enhance the piece.
I found these small baubles in my stash. (Left over from another project, of course.)
A few here...
and a few there...
I think it turned out pretty cool...considering it was dried paint someone was going to throw away!
Emily made sure she took it home with her tonight...so I think she liked it!
I completed two other project today...I'll post pictures once they've 'dried.'