Monday, May 31, 2010
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
At it again...or still! I'm back to recovering cushions. Seems to be the never ending job - torecover Emily's cushions. They appear to be multiplying upstairs! Originally she had the two love seats and I recovered the cushions to complete one love seat and the seat cushions to the second love seat - then I ran out of material I was using a "sample bolt" from my friend and actually had enough to do quite a bit with the amount of fabric on the bolt. Unfortunately...we had to order the second bolt to complete the back cushions of the love seat. Then...miracle of all miracles...Emily was given the matching couch to go with the incomplete love seat. Now there were three more backs and there more seat cushions to recover...and more material to order!
AND...I still think I will need to make more! HA!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Maxwell will help you evaluate your dream/goal with systematic questions which form the foundation for each chapter's focus. The 10 questions are:
1. The Ownership Question: Is my dream really my dream?
2. The Clarity Question: Do I clearly see my dream?
3. The Reality Question: Am I depending on factors within my control to achieve my dream?
4. The Passion Question: Does my dream compel me to follow it?
5. The Pathway Question: Do I have a strategy to reach my dream?
6. The People Question: Have I included the people I need to realize my dream?
7. The Cost Question: Am I willing to pay the price for my dream?
8. The Tenacity Question: Am I moving closer to my dream?
9. The Fulfillment Question: Does working toward my dream bring satisfaction?
10. The Significance Question: Does my dream benefit others?
Dr. Maxwell helps you to create and clarify the right answers, giving you principles and tips so you can make good decisions and maximize every moment to attain your dream.
So, whether you've lost sight of an old dream or you are searching for a new one within you, Put Your Dream to the Test provides a step-by-step action plan that you can start using today to recognize, own, and reach your dream.
Read, enjoy, and be encouraged! Most importantly...be challenged to study and reflect on your dream and to follow it with all your passion!
I have heard that a good follow up to this book is Andy Stanley's Visioneering. I think I'll have to "slip it in" to my reading list.