Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sewing - outdoor re-do

For some reason I neglected to take a picture of these cushions when they first arrived at my house.  They were in really bad shape.  The fabric was pretty well destroyed by the sun.  The fabric just fell apart as I tried to take the cushions apart.  Not much to even use as a pattern for the new cushions.


The cording was still good, so I pulled it off and took the fabric off each piece.  These pieces didn't pull apart as easily as the cushions.  I broke a pair of scissors and a seem ripper getting these guys apart.


But...they got their new coverings and are ready for the next step.


The guts of the cushions were also not in bad shape...so recycle is the name of the game with these new cushions.

A little concentrated sewing and they are finished (well...all but three at this point!)

Of course my reason for wanting them finished by this weekend is completely selfish!!  I need to be able to sit on these by the pool for the 4th of July!

I'll be sure to post a picture of the finished pillows in place!
Till tomorrow...
debi

3 Cowgurls said:

Hollace said...

Wow, I can't believe you really stripped and reused the cording. Impressive! The stack of finished pillows is beautiful and I bet it makes you feel good all over.
PS I went out yesterday and bought The Artist's Way after reading your last blog. =)

Jon said...

Wow, they look GREAT!! Can't wait to try they out, I loved your last comment to funny.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Wow, you even used cording?! You are amazing. Mine won't look very fancy but I am excited to get going any way!! Thanks for the inspiration!