Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Puff Pastry Blackberry Cobbler

This year the blackberries have ripened earlier than the figs...so I'll have to save the fig recipes for later in the summer.  This year for the 4th of July I made a Blackberry Cobbler but with Phyllo dough rather than a pie crust dough.  You can also use Puff Pastry (or perhaps even make your own puff pastry.)  However, I'm into easy before I head to the pool!  I'll post pictures of the new cushions I plan to sit upon today...but I'm thinking with the temperature heading to 100+ I'll be spending my day in the water!
Happy 4th...


Puff Pastry Blackberry Cobbler

Ingredients:
• 1 Pkg. Puff Pastry (or Phyllo dough)
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup water
• 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons sugar

Directions:
1. Defrost (according to directions) Puff Pastry or Phyllo dough.
2. In a 10-in. round or oval baking dish, melt 1/2 cup butter; set aside.
3. In a saucepan, heat sugar and water until sugar melts; set aside.
4. Roll out dough to 11 in x 9 in rectangle.
5. Spread berries over dough; sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up, jelly-roll style. Cut into 1/4-in. thick slices.
6. Carefully lay slices in baking dish over butter.
7. Pour sugar syrup around slices (syrup will be absorbed).
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Sprinkle sugar over top and bake 15 minutes more.
9. Serve warm or cold.
Enjoy!  Till tomorrow...
debi

3 Cowgurls said:

Lisa said...

What a great idea to use puff pastry. That must have made it taste so good. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cobbler up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

spcookiequeen said...

Hi Debianne,
I saw this at Lisa's and could't wait to read it. I have a basket of blackberries sitting on my counter needing me to do something with them. This sounds perfect.
Nice to meet you.
-Gina-

Unknown said...

Trying this out with blueberries! My 9 year old son did most of the work!