Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Project Dilemma

Well, Emily is set to move into her new Carriage House next Friday, and I'm supposed to be recovering all these cushions (before then!)

She got two small wooden couches (which are really similar) but both of them have pretty ugly cushions and I'm working on recovering all of them the same.

I covered the two pink seat cushions first

and I'll do the seat cushions for the stripped couch next.

Emily hasn't decided on how she wants to back cushions to look - whether the same or just similar. I also am not sure I won't have to get more fabric (this was just a piece my friend gave to me...it had 7 yards!)

Here are two of the finished cushions....more to go before Friday!!!

But...as I was about to begin another cushion I saw this little stool Miss Janice bought this past weekend. I was just a little curious as to what was hiding under the ugly fabric on the top?

I had already looked through some of the fabric I had left over from other of Miss Janice's projects and found this piece I thought would be perfect for the stool. She's going to use it with the chair I recovered for her (you can see that project here.)

WELL....much to my surprise this is what I found underneath! Why cover this up? I immediately had a vision as to how I wanted this stool to look.

So...a little bit of elbow grease to clean up the bottom and then some paint and a stencil finished off the edge.



Next...some more brown paint, fabric extender, her favorite letter....and a steady hand....


What 'cha think?
I haven't run this by her yet...so it may still be recovered in the original fabric I chose, but I'll wait and see what she thinks. I'll keep you posted! (Hopefully Emily's not going to catch me blogging about Miss Janice's stool and NOT sewing her cushions!)

2 Cowgurls said:

Texasbelle said...

Well, you KNOW I love it! I just love, love it when inspiration strikes you! (and even more when I am recipient of some of that extra brilliance). It looks great; matches everything and is such a fabulous finish for the little bench.

Thank you!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, I love it! Love that stenciling on the stool and the monogram! Surely, Miss Janice loves it too! laurie