Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Projects and Clothespin dolls

Where does the time go? 

I started a new job recently and have been so busy getting the office set up, (acquiring furniture, and office items), and getting adjusted to the newness of the job and the people...it has been exciting. 

In the meanwhile...I have also been collecting items to begin some new projects. 
I bought these cute baby shoes and this tablespoon holder at an antique store on a recent weekend get away.
I have a few ideas in my mind of how these will end up.

I also hit the jack pot this weekend when my girlfriend cleaned out her linen closet.  She decided she didn't need all of 'Granny's' pillow cases.  I am on idea overload with what all these can become!  Each set is more lovely than the last.  Someone spent a lot of time and love on each one of these pillow cases...and they are all crisply ironed!  My sweet girlfriend was VERY generous, so I have a "return" on investment gift idea for her!  There's something to be said about de-cluttering...
I've also been working on creating an instruction sheet for making clothespin dolls.
I used to make clothespin dolls in the early 1980's and had forgotten all about them...until recently.
I have some new ideas and am working on creating some new girls to share with you.

I'll keep you posted as I get closer to completing the worksheet! It will be fun!
Till tomorrow...
debi

1 Cowgurls said:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

You lucky girl. those pillow cases look beautiful. Oh! The clothespin dolls look adorable. Can't wait to see them. laurie