Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Official!!


The last few days I've been working on an old side table I picked up at an Estate Sale.
It was in really wobbly shape, so after some new screws, glue and paint...she was ready to sell...well, almost!



First, I decided I would try the CitraSolv technique on top.  Seems every one's doing it, so I might as well give it a try.  I gathered my supplies, and had my picture printed on a copier. 


I found my picture on the Graphics Fairy here!
I painted the CitraSolv on the back...


then began burnishing it with a credit card. (I save all the ones the banks send in the mail to use to smooth out decoupage projects and to burnish things.)


There were a few areas that did not come through very well when I took a peek, so I took a pencil and ran along a few of the lines I wanted to be a bit darker. The CitraSolv acted like transfer paper in the areas that would not burnish.


Next, I wanted to add color to my picture.





Once that was dry I sanded the top down to soften the color.


Next comes the wax! 


The wax gives it a more aged effect.


I also added the word "READING" on the side pockets, and waxed the rest of the table.


I like the aged look of this little table.


I think painting the design on top added to the vintage look.


It's ready to take to the booth...and I'm already on to the next project.  More on that later!


Till tomorrow...
debi


2 Cowgurls said:

Angie @ thejunkranch said...

Your booth space looks nice...you HAVE been busy! Good luck, I know you will do well there. I am going on Wednesday to look at a booth too.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

It looks just great... I've GOT to try this method...

Warm blessings,
Spencer