Today I finished stripping off the last of the two wallpaper borders.
I caulked the wood stripes that we screwed to the walls in preparation for painting. All the holes are patched and everything is ready.
I've been shopping every week at Re-Store (our local Habitat for Humanity Store) in hopes of finding just the right light fixture. I found this one last week, but of course it will have to be painted. I also found some really cute globes at $1.00 each. (Huge savings over Home Depot!)
I think there's light at the end of the tunnel for this project. I'm still shopping floor options, nothing as yet, but I know I'll find just the right thing to finish this project.